Welcome to my Online Home

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Wassily Kandinsky - Fartein Valen - Hermann Hesse

Wassily Kandinsky - Yellow, Red, Blue 
        




 

Glenn Gould plays Fartein Valen - Piano Sonata No 2, Movement I(a).


Hermann Hesse - The Poet

Only on me, the lonely one,
The unending stars of the night shine,
The stone fountain whispers its magic song,
To me alone, to me the lonely one
The colorful shadows of the wandering clouds
Move like dreams over the open countryside.
Neither house nor farmland,
Neither forest nor hunting privilege is given to me,
What is mine belongs to no one,
The plunging brook behind the veil of the woods,
The frightening sea,
The bird whir of children at play,
The weeping and singing, lonely in the evening, of a man secretly in love.
The temples of the gods are mine also, and mine
the aristocratic groves of the past.
And no less, the luminous
Vault of heaven in the future is my home:
Often in full flight of longing my soul storms upward,
To gaze on the future of blessed men,
Love, overcoming the law, love from people to people.
I find them all again, nobly transformed:
Farmer, king, tradesman, busy sailors,
Shepherd and gardener, all of them
Gratefully celebrate the festival of the future world.
Only the poet is missing,
The lonely one who looks on,
The bearer of human longing, the pale image
Of whom the future, the fulfillment of the world
Has no further need. Many garlands
Wilt on his grave,
But no one remembers him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Follow me on Twitter

Followers

"Be the Best...Be the First...Be You"

My photo
"there are no spaces between our dreams..." -I was born in Athens, Greece and I started my musical odyssey by listening to all types of music and writing songs, from a very young age (…kind of the way most of us get hooked in music!!!) Soon I began taking lessons in classical guitar and music theory and it wasn’t too long that I realized music will be the way of life for me. My musical interests were always omnidirectional, so my studies included acoustic and electric guitar as well as classical and jazz piano. Then moved on to Theory of music, Harmony, Counterpoint, Fugue, Orchestration, Instrumentation of Concert Band and Composition. During the last few years I mess around with music technology (mixing & mastering, production, electro music), collaborating in Greece and abroad. Also I am teaching music for the past twenty years(…!!!). Through my teaching experiences, I learned that music, is much more than a profession; it is mainly a common language that satisfies the human need for communication and not only can expand the understanding of our existence but it can reach deep into our souls. Andrew Rigopoulos

My Music Page

http://www.youtube.com/user/B612musicall

Total Pageviews