Welcome to my Online Home

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Edgar Degas - Little Dancer of Fourteen Years / Nina Simone - Little Girl Blue - (Music by Richard Rodgers and lyrics by Lorenz Hart) / Katherine Mansfield - A Little Girl's Prayer

Edgar Degas - Little Dancer of Fourteen Years



Nina Simone - Little Girl Blue - (Music by Richard Rodgers and lyrics by Lorenz Hart)


 Katherine Mansfield - A Little Girl's Prayer
Grant me the moment, the lovely moment
That I may lean forth to see
The other buds, the other blooms,
The other leaves on the tree:

That I may take into my bosom
The breeze that is like his brother,
But stiller, lighter, whose faint laughter
Exhoes the joy of the other.

Above on the blue and white cloud-spaces
There are small clouds at play.
I watch their remote, mysterious play-time
In the other far-away.

Grant I may hear the small birds singing
the song that the silence knows...
(The Light and the Shadow whisper together,
The lovely moment grows,

Ripples into the air like water
Away and away without sound,
And the little girl gets up from her praying
On the cold ground)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Follow me on Twitter

Followers

"Be the Best...Be the First...Be You"

My photo
"there are no spaces between our dreams..." -I was born in Athens, Greece and I started my musical odyssey by listening to all types of music and writing songs, from a very young age (…kind of the way most of us get hooked in music!!!) Soon I began taking lessons in classical guitar and music theory and it wasn’t too long that I realized music will be the way of life for me. My musical interests were always omnidirectional, so my studies included acoustic and electric guitar as well as classical and jazz piano. Then moved on to Theory of music, Harmony, Counterpoint, Fugue, Orchestration, Instrumentation of Concert Band and Composition. During the last few years I mess around with music technology (mixing & mastering, production, electro music), collaborating in Greece and abroad. Also I am teaching music for the past twenty years(…!!!). Through my teaching experiences, I learned that music, is much more than a profession; it is mainly a common language that satisfies the human need for communication and not only can expand the understanding of our existence but it can reach deep into our souls. Andrew Rigopoulos

My Music Page

http://www.youtube.com/user/B612musicall

Total Pageviews