Welcome to my Online Home

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Zadok Ben-David - Claude Debussy - Constantine P. Cavafys

Zadok Ben-David - "Conversation Piece"


Jasmine Choi - Claude Debussy's "Syrinx" 


Constantine P. Cavafys (1910) - "The City"                                      

You said, "I will go to another land, I will go to another sea.
Another city will be found, better than this.
Every effort of mine is condemned by fate;
and my heart is -- like a corpse -- buried.
How long in this wasteland will my mind remain.
Wherever I turn my eyes, wherever I may look
I see the black ruins of my life here,
where I spent so many years, and ruined and wasted."

New lands you will not find, you will not find other seas.
The city will follow you. You will roam the same
streets. And you will age in the same neighborhoods;
in these same houses you will grow gray.
Always you will arrive in this city. To another land -- do not hope --
there is no ship for you, there is no road.
As you have ruined your life here
in this little corner, you have destroyed it in the whole world.


Κωνσταντίνος Π. Καβάφης (1910)  - "Η Πόλις"

Είπες· «Θα πάγω σ' άλλη γή, θα πάγω σ' άλλη θάλασσα,
Μια πόλις άλλη θα βρεθεί καλλίτερη από αυτή.
Κάθε προσπάθεια μου μια καταδίκη είναι γραφτή·
κ' είν' η καρδιά μου -- σαν νεκρός -- θαμένη.
Ο νους μου ως πότε μες στον μαρασμό αυτόν θα μένει.
Οπου το μάτι μου γυρίσω, όπου κι αν δω
ερείπια μαύρα της ζωής μου βλέπω εδώ,
που τόσα χρόνια πέρασα και ρήμαξα και χάλασα».

Καινούριους τόπους δεν θα βρεις, δεν θάβρεις άλλες θάλασσες.
Η πόλις θα σε ακολουθεί. Στους δρόμους θα γυρνάς
τους ίδιους. Και στες γειτονιές τες ίδιες θα γερνάς·
και μες στα ίδια σπίτια αυτά θ' ασπρίζεις.
Πάντα στην πόλι αυτή θα φθάνεις. Για τα αλλού -- μη ελπίζεις --
δεν έχει πλοίο για σε, δεν έχει οδό.
Ετσι που τη ζωή σου ρήμαξες εδώ
στην κώχη τούτη την μικρή, σ' όλην την γή την χάλασες.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Follow me on Twitter

Followers

"Be the Best...Be the First...Be You"

My photo
"there are no spaces between our dreams..." -I was born in Athens, Greece and I started my musical odyssey by listening to all types of music and writing songs, from a very young age (…kind of the way most of us get hooked in music!!!) Soon I began taking lessons in classical guitar and music theory and it wasn’t too long that I realized music will be the way of life for me. My musical interests were always omnidirectional, so my studies included acoustic and electric guitar as well as classical and jazz piano. Then moved on to Theory of music, Harmony, Counterpoint, Fugue, Orchestration, Instrumentation of Concert Band and Composition. During the last few years I mess around with music technology (mixing & mastering, production, electro music), collaborating in Greece and abroad. Also I am teaching music for the past twenty years(…!!!). Through my teaching experiences, I learned that music, is much more than a profession; it is mainly a common language that satisfies the human need for communication and not only can expand the understanding of our existence but it can reach deep into our souls. Andrew Rigopoulos

My Music Page

http://www.youtube.com/user/B612musicall

Total Pageviews