Welcome to my Online Home

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Frida Kahlo - Concha Buica - Sara Teasdale

Frida Kahlo

The Two Fridas. 1939. Oil on canvas. 170 x 170 cm. Museo de Arte Moderno, Mexico City, Mexico.
Concha Buica - Miénteme bien 
I Am Not Yours by Sara Teasdale

I am not yours, not lost in you,
Not lost, although I long to be
Lost as a candle lit at noon,
Lost as a snowflake in the sea.

You love me, and I find you still
A spirit beautiful and bright,
Yet I am I, who long to be
Lost as a light is lost in light.

Oh plunge me deep in love -- put out
My senses, leave me deaf and blind,
Swept by the tempest of your love,
A taper in a rushing wind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Follow me on Twitter

Followers

"Be the Best...Be the First...Be You"

My photo
"there are no spaces between our dreams..." -I was born in Athens, Greece and I started my musical odyssey by listening to all types of music and writing songs, from a very young age (…kind of the way most of us get hooked in music!!!) Soon I began taking lessons in classical guitar and music theory and it wasn’t too long that I realized music will be the way of life for me. My musical interests were always omnidirectional, so my studies included acoustic and electric guitar as well as classical and jazz piano. Then moved on to Theory of music, Harmony, Counterpoint, Fugue, Orchestration, Instrumentation of Concert Band and Composition. During the last few years I mess around with music technology (mixing & mastering, production, electro music), collaborating in Greece and abroad. Also I am teaching music for the past twenty years(…!!!). Through my teaching experiences, I learned that music, is much more than a profession; it is mainly a common language that satisfies the human need for communication and not only can expand the understanding of our existence but it can reach deep into our souls. Andrew Rigopoulos

My Music Page

http://www.youtube.com/user/B612musicall

Total Pageviews